Borage Oil - Rich Source of GLA
Borage (Borago officinialis) is an annual plant that grows wild in Mediterranean countries. Its culinary and medicinal uses have been known for over 2,000 years although borage seed oil has been used for only the last 10 years or so. Since 1989 almost a dozen clinical studies have examined the medicinal usage of borage with human subjects.
Borage oil is extracted from the seeds by cold pressing and contains omega-6 essential fatty acids.
One derivative of omega-6 fatty acids is gamma linolenic acid (GLA). Borage oil is one of the richest known sources of GLA with concentrations of 25-30%.
Health Benefits of GLA
GLA is an essential fatty acid and is used by the body to produce prostaglandins.
During premenstrual syndrome (PMS) or menopause, these hormone-like substances may be out of balance.
GLA is helpful for PMS relief, regulation of the menstrual cycle and ease of hot flashes and mood swings often associated with menopause. GLA also appears to reduce the adherence of plaque to artery walls, thus lowering the risk of heart disease.
Research into Borage Oil Supplementation
Clinical studies have verified that borage oil may find its greatest value in its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Research with human subjects has shown borage oil to be useful in helping:
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Atopic eczema
- Raynaud’s syndrome
- Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis.
Our Borage Oil is 100% pure expeller pressed and Hexane Free. It is guaranteed to be the highest quality available.
- Contains valuable minerals and essential fatty acids needed for proper cardiovascular and healthy skin function
- Rich source of Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA) which is beneficial for PMS and menopausal symptoms.
- 100% pure expeller pressed and hexane free to ensure highest quality
- Significant anti-inflammatory properties
- May lower the risk of coronary heart disease
Borage Seed Oil (Borago officinalis) 1000 mg, Gamma-Linolenic Acid (GLA) 220 mg, Cis-Linoleic Acid 380 mg, Oleic Acid 160 mg, Gelatin, glycerin and water.
Instructions For Use
Take 1 Softgel Capsule(s) daily
Our Borage Oil is 100% pure expeller pressed and Hexane Free. It is derived from the seeds of the borage plant, one of the richest known sources of Gamma Linolenic Acid (GLA).