BioAstin - Astaxanthin Supplement
BioAstin® Natural Astaxanthin is the world's best selling brand of astaxanthin for humans. It is a dietary supplement with powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits.
Cyanotech produces BioAstin from microalgae in Hawaii. It was the first source of astaxanthin for human nutrition reviewed by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). In August 1999, BioAstin completed a review by the FDA without objection and was allowed to be sold as a human dietary supplement.
Natural astaxanthin has been proven to combat inflammation in several human clinical studies involving people with:
• rheumatoid arthritis
• carpal tunnel syndrome
• joint and muscle soreness after exercise
A growing body of scientific literature demonstrates that natural astaxanthin surpasses many of the antioxidant benefits of vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene and other carotenoids. Human and animal studies have shown that natural astaxanthin can:
• protect the skin from the damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation
• enhance the immune system
• enhance energy metabolism
Research has also shown that natural astaxanthin has up to 550 times the antioxidant activity of vitamin E and 10 times the antioxidant activity of beta-carotene.
Astaxanthin for Sunburn Protection
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii (June 6, 2002) — Cyanotech Corporation (Nasdaq NMS: CYAN) has received a Notice of Allowance from the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) for its patent application entitled “Method for Retarding and Preventing Sunburn by UV Light”, based on the protective properties of astaxanthin. The patent covers the use of natural and synthetic astaxanthin as a single active ingredient to retard and prevent sunburn in both oral and topical applications. This is the third United States patent Cyanotech has received for the protective properties of astaxanthin.
"Drug could spell end of tan creams"
"A pill to … end the misery of sunburn could be on sale this summer."
"Tests on human guinea pigs have proved that the drug — called BioAstin — can reduce sunburn... Unlike creams it protects the whole body and does not come off in water."
"News … was last night welcomed by British cancer charities."
Astaxanthin was featured in a recent Daily Mail article as a possible cure for sunburn
BioAstin was the subject of a clinical study conducted by Creighton University USA, School of Pharmacy, that compared the in-vitro oxygen free radical scavenging ability of BioAstin with other commercially available antioxidants.
The study showed, and confirmed, that BioAstin natural astaxanthin was a significantly more potent antioxidant than vitamin C, vitamin E, beta-carotene, pycnogenol, grape seed extract.
Video of Bioastin by Nutrex. Imported into Europe by Perfect Shape
Independent Pharmacist discusses the benefits of Astaxanthin. Imported into the UK by Perfect Shape
What is BioAstin?
BioAstin™ is a new preparation of carefully cultured microalgae supplying a full daily serving of astaxanthin (ASTA-ZAN-THIN) in one softgel capsule. Previously, astaxanthin was available only by eating huge amounts of salmon or shrimp. What is Astaxanthin? An exceptionally powerful antioxidant, Astaxanthin is over 550 times stronger than either vitamin E and 10 times stronger than Beta-Carotene. This compound helps protect against the damaging effects of pollution, ultraviolet light, and immune stress. Astaxanthin is also a CAROTENOID, which places it in the family of natural compounds that give fruits and vegetables their orange, yellow, and red colors. In nature, astaxanthin can be seen in the red coloration of salmon and shrimp. The astaxanthin in BioAstin™ is derived entirely from vegetable microalgae
How much BioAstin should I take each day?
Researchers recommend a daily intake of one capsule containing (4mgs.) four milligrams. For maximum effectiveness take BioAstin™ with meals, once per day. One capsule provides the equivalent strength of astaxanthin found in a one pound serving of salmon.
Is BioAstin safe?
BioAstin™ is a naturally occurring dietary compound, not a drug. There are no known side effects. Capsules are filled in a federally inspected nutraceutical facility. Source algae are cultured in controlled conditions in pure waters on the pristine Kona coast of Hawaii's Big Island. In addition the supplement is recognised as a food component in the EU diet.
Check out the BioAstin Reviews page to see what people are saying about Bioastin.
Bioastin and Astaxanthin Research
- Astaxanthin, Nature's Super Carotenoid
- BioAstin, Nature's Premier Astaxanthin Source
- Antioxidant comparision CoQ10—Green Tea—Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Antioxidant in post menopausal women
- Antioxidant study 800 times stronger than CoQ10
- Beauty study summary_Japan
- Beauty study_Canada
- C-Reactive Protein—BioAstin reduces marker for silent inflammation
- Cardiovascular benefits of Astaxanthin article
- Cognitive Benefits of Astaxanthin
- Diabetic mice glucose toxicity—Japanese study
- Diabetic Mouse Abstract—Gene Expression
- Diabetic Nephropathy Abstract—Manabe 2007
- Diabetic Nephropathy in Mice—Japanese study
- Astaxanthin Exercise study
- Eye Accomodation
- Eye Health and Astaxanthin
- Astaxanthin Fertily study Comhaire
- Gold Standard for Astaxanthin
- Immune human clinical abstract
- Immune System Support by Astaxanthin
- Immunity and tumor clinical
- Joint Soreness Clinical University of Memphis
- Lipid peroxidation human study
- Neuroprotective and anti-hypertensive study
- Nutrition News article
- Oxidation of cell membranes
- Strength and endurance Swedish clinical
- Stroke—Ischemia study
- Tennis Elbow—BioAstin increases grip strength in sufferers of tendonitis
- Astaxanthin Inhibits Inflammatory Gene Expression
- Antitumor Activity of Astaxanthin
- Antioxidant Role of Astaxanthin
- Antioxidant Study, Free Radical Elimination
- Antioxidant Study, Singlet Oxygen
- Astaxanthin and Cancer Chemoprevention
- Astaxanthin: Applications for Human Health and Nutrition
- BioAstin References
- Astaxanthin, Nature's Super Carotenoid
- BioAstin Safety Profile
- Oral Bioavailability of Astaxanthin in Humans
- Cancer Metastasis Astaxanthin Study in Mice
- Anticancer Activities of Astaxanthin in Mice
- Canker & Fever Blister Patent
- Astaxanthin Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Patent
- BioAstin and Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Study Report
- Astaxanthin Protects Against Glucose Toxicity in Diabetic Mice
- Eye and Central Nervous System Protection by Astaxanthin
- Antihypertensive and Neuroprotective Effects of Astaxanthin
- Immune Lymphocyte Study in Mice
- Immune Response to H. Pylori by Astaxanthin
- Astaxanthin Enhances Human Immunoglobulin Production
- Astaxanthin Supports Healthy Immune Function
- Astaxanthin Clinical Trail for Delayed Onset Muscular Soreness
- Lipid Trial
- Dietary Supplementation with Astaxanthin Improves Muscle Endurance
- Astaxanthin Leads the Next Generation of Free Radical Fighters
- BioAstin Helps Relieve Pain from Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Human Uptake of Astaxanthin
- Superior Skin Protection via Astaxanthin
- Clinical Trail Indicates Sun Protection from BioAstin
- Dietary/Nutritional Supplements: The New Ally To Topical Formulations?
- Astaxanthin Sunburn Patent
- Astaxanthin UV & Skin Clinical Trial
- Astaxanthin Summary: Ultraviolet Light Protection
Bioastin and Astaxanthin News
So look no further, BioAstin contains the substance astaxanthin and is already being used by hundreds of regular customers and you could be one of them!
- Supports Joint Health and Healthy Tendons
- Supports a Healthy Immune Function
- 550 times stronger than Vitamin E, 800 times stronger than COQ10
- Assists in protecting skin from UV light
- Promotes a healthy cardiovascular system
Amount Per Serving (1cap) - Vitamin A (as Beta Carotene) 65iu 1% RDA, Vitamin E (d-alpha-tocopherol) 50iu 330% RDA, Natural Astaxathin 4mg, Lutein 40mcg. Other ingredients : safflower oil, gelatin
Instructions For Use
Suggested Usage : As a dietary supplement, take 1 or 2 capsules daily with a meal. Serving Size 1 capsule - servings per container 60.
Contains NO salt, NO yeast, NO sugar, NO corn, NO wheat and GMO free.
- Supreme supplement Review by Nacho
- Taken sun sensitivity away! Review by Trudy Payne, Leicestershire
- No Hay Fever Symptoms after first month! Review by Sue Heapy
Last Thursday, my youngest son's teacher rang to say they'd been out doing games on the playing field and he'd got streaming, 'puffy' eyes and was sneezing his head off!
When we'd taken both sons to school that morning, one poor parent was particularly suffering with this complaint. Now, I've suffered with Hay Fever for more years than I care to remember and apparently the grass pollen count that day was sky-high and had been for several days.
I was completely unaware of this, I wasn't sneezing, had no sore, itchy or runnyeyes - zilch, de nada,nothing, nowt!
I've used a fairly powerful natural antioxidant in the past but 'Bio-Astin' goes way beyond it! It really is brilliant stuff!
On a slightly different note, I believe that if you've 'overdone' the alcohol bit, antioxidants at night and the following day 'help that morning after feeling! (Posted on 2/17/2011)
- Great skin protection in the sun! Review by Mary Craig
- Son's Acne Cleared! Review by Douglas Shaffer
- Cholesterol dropped after 6 months Review by L . Duncan